Thai Red Curry Chicken
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 4-oz. can red curry paste (I use Maesri brand)
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced thin or cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, torn by hand
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1 bell pepper, cored and chopped (I like to use half red, half green)
- 1 8-oz. can sliced bamboo shoots
- Leaves from 1 bunch Thai basil, whole or roughly chopped
Heat the coconut cream in a large pot over medium heat for about 2 minutes, until it releases its natural oil. Stir in the curry paste until fragrant.
Add chicken, water, lime leaves, sugar, fish sauce, and coconut milk and stir. Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Add bell pepper and bamboo strips. Cover and let simmer for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Turn off heat and stir in basil until wilted.
Serve immediately over white or brown jasmine rice.
Perfection. I could eat this every week right now. Just another stunningly delicious, easy, quick, and spot on Thai curry for my archives. Like the green curry, I did have an old recipe for this one… that has now gone in my deleted files. Does not even remotely compare. Authentic ingredients and quality curry pastes, man. What. A. Difference.