One-Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
slightly adapted from Belly Full
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes with herbs, julienne cut, in oil, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (or sub 1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Heat oil over medium-high in a very large skillet with a lid. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper, then add to the pan and saute until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add mushrooms and garlic to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, until the mushrooms have softened. Raise heat to high; add in white wine and allow to reduce by half. Pour in broth; bring to a boil.
Stir in the pasta, cover, and cook for about 9 minutes, until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has absorbed.
Uncover and mix in chicken, sun dried tomatoes, and lemon zest. Season with the red pepper flakes and a few grinds of salt and black pepper, to taste. Add in cream and warm through. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan, and parsley.
This was AMAZING. Pictures do not do it justice. Nothing I could say about it could do it justice. All I will say is that of the 29 recipes I have posted so far this year, this might top the list as my new favorite of 2016. Go. Make. This.