One Pan Roasted Garlic Potatoes, Asparagus, and Sausage
adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, raw, chopped
- 1 pound baby red or gold potatoes, halved
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon of EACH dried basil, dried thyme, dried oregano, paprika, and salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 12- to 14-oz. package smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch coins
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Grated parmesan and chopped fresh parsley, for topping
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a very large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil for easier clean-up (optional).
In a small bowl, mix together all of the seasonings: the dried basil, thyme, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Place the bacon, potatoes, and carrots in a large bowl. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil and half of the seasoning mix on top. Toss to combine, pour out onto the sheet pan, and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the asparagus, onion, sausage, and minced garlic in the same large bowl, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and remaining seasoning mix, and toss to combine.
After 20 minutes, remove the bacon, potatoes, and carrots from the oven. Pour the asparagus, onion, sausage, and minced garlic on top, then toss with a spatula until everything is well distributed on the sheet pan.
Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are roasted to your desired preference. Top with freshly grated parmesan and fresh parsley as desired. Serve.
Typical Friday night dinners around here are seared/roasted chicken thighs, pork chops, or turkey thighs, alongside roasted potatoes, carrots, onion, and bacon, with both meat and vegetables seasoned with thyme, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper. For years I have done this and called it Roast Dinner. So I guess that makes this sheet pan meal “Roast Dinner in a Bowl!” Sausage as the meat, added asparagus, but basically that’s what this tastes like. And we love it!