Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1-1/4 pounds ground chicken or turkey
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup minced parsley (plus a touch more for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 jar (or 2-1/2 cups homemade) marinara sauce
- 1 cup (4 oz.) grated mozzarella
Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
Combine the panko, Parmesan, chicken, egg, olive oil, garlic, parsley, oregano, basil, salt, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Gently combine using your hands until just incorporated.
Divide the meatball mixture into 30 golf ball sized rounds and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, then flip the meatballs over to brown on the other side; bake another 8 minutes.
Add the jar of marinara to a large ovenproof skillet. Add the meatballs to the pan, sprinkle with the grated mozzarella, and bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
Serve over cooked pasta or on top of crispy bread.