Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus
with thanks to Natasha’s Kitchen
For the Salmon and Asparagus:
- 1-1/2 to 2 lb salmon filet
- 2 lbs asparagus, woody ends snapped or trimmed off
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large lemon, sliced into rings for garnish
For the Butter:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1/2 large lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped, plus more to garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 450˚F with oven rack in top third of oven. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and trim paper so edges fit the pan.
In a small bowl, mash together all flavored butter ingredients until well combined.
Place salmon filet skin-side-down in the center of the baking sheet. Arrange asparagus around salmon, then drizzle asparagus with olive oil and roll to lightly coat. Sprinkle asparagus and salmon with salt and pepper.
Spoon and spread 3/4 of butter mixture over salmon. Dot asparagus with remaining herb butter. Scatter with slices of lemon and bake for 10 to 12 minutes (a thinner fillet will take a shorter time, check it as it goes), then turn the oven to broil on high and broil for 2 minutes to give the salmon color on top.
This was as awesome as it looks. Easy, decadent, delicious, amazing springtime meal in 20 minutes flat. And it left with me enough for lunch the next day to serve the salmon with bagels and the asparagus with fried egg on top. Dreamy.