Sheet Pan Nachos
- 8 oz. ground beef
- 8 oz. Mexican-style chorizo (I use my homemade version)
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon Ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon New Mexican chile powder
- 1 (15-oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz. Hatch chiles (or sub canned diced green chiles)
- 12 oz. thick, sturdy tortilla chips (I highly recommend El Milagro brand if you can find them)
- 8 oz. Mexican blend cheese
- For serving: diced tomatoes, diced red onion, jarred jalapeños, minced cilantro, sour cream, diced avocado, salsa, hot sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the beef, chorizo, and onion. Cook, breaking up the beef and chorizo into small bits with a wooden spoon, until the onion is soft and the meats are no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the spices, beans, and chiles and stir until well combined. Remove from heat.
Pour the tortilla chips onto a large sheet pan. Spoon the meat and bean mixture on top of the chips. Cover with cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted and everything is crispy. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Does this really need any notes? Besides *thud* and *drool*?